|Short-Term Weight Loss|
|Long-Term Weight Loss|
|Ease of Fulfillment|
|Overall Health Safety|
How the Biggest Loser Diet Works
- Type: Balanced Diet
- The Aim: The aim of the Biggest Loser Diet is to lose weight as well as prevent and/or reverse the onset of disease.
- The Claim: The Biggest Loser Diet claims six weeks of their diet and exercise will have you on your way to weight loss success. Along with weight loss the program touts stopping or reversing diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and more.
- The Theory: According to the Biggest Loser Diet we don’t eat enough of the good stuff and consume far too much of the bad stuff. The simple to say, but not so simple to implement solution is to eat regular balanced meals, journal everything you intake, and stop being a sloth and actually get working out.
As the name implies, the diet parlays the wild success of the televisions show “The Biggest Loser” and has three versions to date of the diet. You can choose between three different versions from the first in 2005 to the second in 2009, or even go with the most recent version that was released in 2010. They are all similar in content and procedure but the latest version is specifically designed for six weeks.
Each version will have tips and tricks used by past contestants of the show and will showcase a special food pyramid to follow. Additionally, there are some suggestions on how to get going with exercise as the diet promotes working out as part of its success plan.
Do Dieters Lose Weight on the Biggest Loser Diet?
Research found on this diet is all basically the same. Yes you will lose weight, but only if you follow the diet as suggested. Because the diet has dieters restricting calories and implementing exercise, success is almost a sure thing, but the degree of success can vary.
Using the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans as a benchmark, the Biggest Loser Diet conforms in areas such as fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. As for the areas of salt, fiber, potassium, calcium, Vitamin B-12, and Vitamin D; only potassium and possibly salt miss the mark with this diet.
While the Biggest Loser Diet doesn’t recommend any supplements specifically they do acknowledge that individuals may need to supplement if they know they will fall short on certain nutrients with the way they eat. For example, those who don’t like fish might want to supplement with Omega 3 fish oil pills.
Is the Biggest Loser Diet Easy to Follow?
The Biggest Loser Diet doesn’t disallow any food groups so it is a relatively easy to follow. Because those on the diet prepare everything themselves, there should be no lack of taste, but this diet, like many others does caution on overusing salt. Online resources make it easy to find recipes and will even offer suggestions as to what to eat and drink while on the diet.
The Biggest Loser Diet is centered on frequent meals that are packed with either fiber or protein. In this way, the diet is designed to help you feel fuller making it easier to adhere to the program.
The cost of the Biggest Loser Diet all depends on what you buy. If you only get the latest six week version you will pay $22. However, those who experienced the most success on this diet did so by obtaining multiple versions of the diet which greatly adds to the cost. The cost of food can also get out of hand so it is wise to become a savvy shopper while on this diet.
Like the television show, the Biggest Loser Diet is all about exercise to go along with healthy eating. Those doing the six week program will start off with relatively moderate exercise but quickly move to more advanced forms of fitness such as yoga, aerobics, and even pilates. Dieters are encouraged to be active for at least 2 ½ hours each and every week and the Biggest Loser Diet stresses success built on both the diet and the exercise.
Why is Pure Slim 1000 ConsumersCompare Approved?
- Safe and extremely effective
- Strong science behind all-natural ingredients
- Undeniable evidence for high rate of success
- Reliable and ethical over 5 year business
- Large and very supportive community
- Manufactured in the USA – GMP facility
- 180-day money-back guarantee