- Americans tend to take in twice the amount of protein they need already.
- Health problems caused by too much protein: osteoporosis, cancer, kidney disease, kidney stones.
- Eating animal products often means that you are eating too much protein.
- Researches in England found that when people added about 5 ounces of fish to a normal diet, the risk of forming urinary tract stones increased by as much as 250%.
- Plant-based protein is usually cheaper and healthier than animal protein. And it’s delicious too!
- Plant-based proteins often blow away the competition when compared to animal sources of protein.
- Protein needs can easily be met by eating a variety of plant-based foods.
- Men over 18 need 56 grams of protein, and women over 18 need 46 grams.