Looking for a healthy substitute for heavy cream?
By CANDICE GREY
Updated on Aug 08, 2019
Coconut Curry Ginger Dipping Sauce for dumplings
Published on Serious Eats:
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh peeled ginger
- Combine coconut milk and curry paste in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, and ginger in a small bowl. Add coconut-curry mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Serve.
Creamy Coconut Oatmeal with Dried Peaches & Candied Coconut Pecans
Published on Fine Cooking:
- 1 cup Irish steel-cut oatmeal
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar/ or brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. light corn syrup
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecan halves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely diced dried peaches, 13-1/2- or 14-oz. can coconut milk