The Trim Down Club (TDC) is an online diet program started in 2012 to help club members lose weight by making their own healthy meals for their entire family to enjoy. The company markets easy access to the program, helping to build you a personalized meal plan. A one-month trial offer for $1.99 gives you access to the site and the online tools; if you decide to continue, the cost is just $9.90 per month.
Some of the online tools offered:
- diet journal
- recipe cookbook
- meal plan starter
- nutrition information
- overall progress tracker for the 8-week program.
There is also a member forum, where you can chat with other club members about going through the program and weight loss in general. The company offers a 60-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their services:
You have a full 60 days (the “Refund Period”) to try B2C’s Program and related Products. If for any reason during the Refund Period you are dissatisfied with the Program and related Products, simply submit a request by the contact page to cancel your subscription. B2C’s customer service team will process the request, and you shall be refunded according to your means of payment at the time of purchase, within 5 business days. All purchases made after the expiration of the Refund Period are final. 
How Does The Trim Down Club Work?
The premise of TDC is simple and straightforward, which is why many people love it. Developed by a group of certified dieticians, certified nutritionists, and fitness experts, TDC aims to make the diet program affordable and effective for those wanting to lose weight. When you log into the “members” area you will see a tab to the left: Menu Planner, My Menus, Progress Meter, 8-Week Plan, and Diet Journal. Certified dieticians and nutritionists will create a menu plan for you to stick with inside of your 8-week plan.
There are five different foods Dr. Karen Shackelford recommends avoiding to optimize your weight loss success, presented to potential customers in a video: 
- Concentrated Orange Juice, because of the way it is processed (actually any concentrated fruit juice). Processed foods containing fruit juice concentrates, and high-fructose corn syrup, are included here. Choose water.
- Margarine, simply because of the trans fats present.
- Whole Wheat bread—surprisingly due to how it is processed; only 100-percent whole grain breads are recommended.
- Processed soy
- Processed meats—because of the nitrites and other chemicals produced in the curing and cooking processes.
The online tools are really the core of the program; the members area is a welcome bonus for most. This platform is not only cheap, but easy to use. The $9.90 payment automatically recurs every month, so as long as you are aware of this there are no surprises whatsoever. The company doesn’t hawk a line of products, and from the reviews I saw, they don’t even pile a bunch of gimmicky ads on your when you’re on the website 
One review at ContraHealthScam.com addressed the “gimmicky ads” issue a few complainants had brought up:
Contrary to what some aggrieved customers reported, I didn’t see any third-party offers clustering the dashboard, or pop-ups pressurizing you to try one offer after another. The only ‘upsell’ I found was an online grocery shop where you can buy the ingredients you need for the food menu you created at discounted prices. 
Does The Trim Down Club value exercise? Yes.
In fact, there are numerous articles, and forum topics devoted to exercise—all kinds of exercise from weight training to just getting up and dancing. But the company believes 80 percent of weight loss comes from the foods you eat and the other 20 percent comes from daily exercise.
Is The Trim Down Club Diet Safe?
Nothing presented in this program comes across as shady. Nothing. Fresh foods, some meats, lots of vegetables and fruits, healthy natural proteins. Even carbs, in the right combinations with other foods. The right foods at the right times in the right combinations. The recipes I saw do tend toward gluten-free—which seems an incongruity—but The Trim Down Club doesn’t present itself as a gluten-free diet (in fact, the presentation video expressly states that folks who don’t have specific gluten intolerance don’t need to eat gluten-free), so perhaps I happened to click only on gluten-free recipes by coincidence. The Menu Planner does offer gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and low-sugar options. 
If anything, they are giving away a lot of information for a very generous price. The recipes come with beautiful photos and detailed instructions. The meal plans break down what foods you should eat and when you should eat them, so there’s no guessing your way through the 8-week program. The Diet Journal helps keep you honest and on track. And the forum provides a community so you’re not going it alone. 
You should always consult your doctor before starting any diet program, especially if you have current medical issues or if you have any questions about your immediate health.
Pros and Cons
There are many pros associated with this program:
- Over 1 million members and a lot of verifiable glowing reviews.
- No marketing ploys bordering on outright scams.
- Nutrition and long-term health in mind at every step.
- No promotion of crash dieting—they want you to eat and feel satisfied.
- They offer a 60-day money back guarantee with no shady small print, and honor that promise.
The only cons I see are basically personal preference issues:
- A recurring monthly fee vs. a one-time payment (could be a Pro)
- A fully online program rather than a clinic setting
- I found the presentation video rather cheesy, but that’s just me.
Overall, I believe other diet companies really could learn a lesson or two from the Trim Down Club. They have made it affordable, easy to understand, and easy to implement. For under $10 a month! You’re not risking much at all to try The Trim Down Club.
*Please keep in mind that with any diet or weight loss program, individual results will vary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Trim Down Club program sent to you in the mail, or is it all online?
The Trim Down Club Program consists online.
Has anyone claimed they lost weight on the Trim Down Club program?
There have been success stories from this program, yes.
Does the Trim Down Club really work?
Yes, it values lifestyle changes and exercise. It isn't a crash diet, they want you to eat and feel satisfied.
Is the Trim Down Club reputable?
Yes, they currently have over 1 million members and glowing reviews without any marketing ploys.
How much does the Trim Down Club cost?
The Trim Down club costs $9.90 / month.
What do I get when I join the Trim Down Club?
You will get access to our totally unique personal menu planner, all of our tools and apps, full access to Trim Down Clubs forums and communities, a quick start guide and a full program guide, 4 amazing bonus gifts.
Does Trim Down Club support long term change or will I gain all the weight back?
Yes, it is long term change, including diet and exercise.
- “Refund Policy,” Terms and Conditions page, com, accessed 16 March 2018, http://www.trimdownclub.com/terms-condition/.
- Presentation Video (no timestamps available), com, accessed 16 March 2018, http://www.introduce.trimdownclub.com/introduction.html?prm2=m12.
- “5 Quick Steps for a Thinner You,” com, accessed 13 March 2018, http://www.trimdownclub.com/join-59/.
- Obinna Ossai, “Trim Down Club is NOT a Scam! (Honest Review),” com, last updated 10 July 2017, accessed 13 March 2018, https://www.contrahealthscam.com/trim-down-club-review-not-a-scam/.
Top 5 Diets in 2018
|#1||Trim Down Club||Review||Visit|
*Individual results will vary.